Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping Packet Drop from Core-Switch to Directly Connected Server

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have an Cisco 6500 CS and there is a Cisco Unified Communication Manger Server connected directly to the Core Switch.

when we are trting to ping the server the result will be like below:

!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.!!!!.

After 4 ! there is one dot .

I tried to change duplex and speed ( fix and auto ) for both sides, but the same problem.

I just need to know if somebody face this before?

Regards,

10 Replies 10

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try to hard code the interface settings to duplex full and speed 100 and check.
Also try to replace the LAN cable in off peak hours.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Hi Latchum,

Thank you for your reply, I already tried to hard code the interface settings for both side and it is mentioned in my fist post.

I do not think it is cable issue because I checked show interface and I did not find errors.

one more thing if it is cable issue then packet drop will not be in regular fashion

It’s working as designed. CUCM will drop one in 4-5 packets to prevent DOS ping floods.

Hi Dijohn,

+5 for your good news

and I will give you another + 5 with correct answer if you can send me something from Cisco to send it to my customer

Regards,

How about you give him part of the cut and he gives you +5 on here

Glad you got it resolved. 

Simply I gave + 5 because it is really helpful for me and it answers my question because I saw this in many locations.

but I did not mark it as resolved because I really still need dijohn help to send something to prove this to my customer

So please dijohn  I am still waiting your help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a008010edb8.shtml

“Note: Cisco IP Phones 7902/05/12 have a different code base from the Cisco 7940/60. Consequently, there is a delayed reply to the network ping with the 7902/05/12, but not the 7940/60.

Note: Also, for Cisco Unified CM, this behavior exists and the ICMP will be throttled in order to prevent DoS attacks.

Thank you man

as I promised

Glad you got it fully resolved

hello all,
what are those +5?
till I will with this problem
Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: