Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with CISCO IE3300 8T2X rugged SWITCH

Tom David
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone .

I'm having a really big problem , I have the switch IE3300 8T2X Rugged Switch and I have a device that is controlled via ethernet.

when I connect the PC and the Device through the Switch it lets me access the device but suddenly for some reason the device disappears .

and when I try to access the device through the web interface it redirects me to the cisco login web page...

its like it disconnects the device .

what should I do?

the device is an IA-2668-ELT1 and I have two of this device  , the devices IP's are 10.1.1.22 and 10.1.1.24 .

thanks...

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is your PC IP when you accessing the Device - IA-2668-ELT1  - are you able to ping the devices IP ?

IE3300 8T2X   - do you ARP table for those device , also check is the device connected ports up and working ?

Can you try ping from switch to those devices is that works ?

when I try to access the device through the web interface it redirects me to the cisco login web page...

this was not clear - i take this as you using PC to connect those devices ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

my PC's IP is 10.1.1.20 , if i connect the devices with a normal or "stupid" switch it doesn't do that problems and let me access the device normaly , only with this cisco switch it does that...

I'm kind a noobie what comes to cisco switches so i dont know what you mean by ARP , i know how to access the terminal console and such rellay begginer stuff .

If you login to switch issue below commands and post the output here :

1. show interface status

2. show ip arp

3. ping 10.1.1.22

4. ping 10.1.1.24

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Tom

@Tom David wrote:

hello everyone .
when I connect the PC and the Device through the Switch it lets me access the device but suddenly for some reason the device disappears .

Those two devices are reachable via their ethernet ip address 10.1.1.x  correct so what is this pc, what ip address are you giving this pc?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

my PC's ip adress is 10.1.1.20.

and sometimes i can ping the devices and sometimes dont..

Ken R
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tom,

I am working a similar issue.  When the issue is happening are you seeing output drop increment on the affected interface?  Additionally, my guess is the port remains up/up correct?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card