Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems in trunking with HWIC-4ESW on cisco 1921

tarik.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

We have been facing a problem at my company ! We have a Cisco Router 1921 with one HWIC-4ESW in trunking with a RuggedCom switch RSG2100.

When I use the GigabitEthernet port to make a trunk, I create 2 sub-interfaces (one for each Vlan) and configure the Port on Switch as Trunk, the inter-VLan routing works with no problem.

But now I need to use this configuration using the HWIC-4ESW on Router, and I can't do this work. I try creat interface Vlan for each vlan, and try creating the VLans at Router Vlans database, but no way. At router I enter in interface and try to do the switchport trunk command to add a Vlan, but doesn't work.

Can anyone please do a little help to me ?

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To me it looks like you have mismatched native vlans on each side , vlan 1  on one side and vlan 30 on the other. Trunking setup must match on both sides.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sample . Native vlans must match on each device. Cant help you with the non cisco device.

router# vlan database

enter

vlan 2 , enter

vlan 3 ,enter

exit

SUMMARY STEPS

1.                           enable

2.                           configure                                   terminal

3.    interface fastethernet interface-id

4.                           shutdown

5.    switchport mode trunk

6.    switchport  trunk native vlan vlan-number

7.    switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,3

8.                           no             shutdown

9.                           end

router# conf t

interf vlan 2

ip address 192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0

no shut

interf vlan 3

ip address 192.168.3.254 255.255.255.0

no shut

write mem

Ok Now it's working !

But now other problem appear !

The trunk (fast 0/0/1) with my ruggedcom network works ok, intervlan routing is working and so.  So now I link other port in trunk at same interface ( fast 0/0/3 ) with another swicth from 3com. When I plug the 3com cable cord, the  int fast 0/0/1 goes down and I receive the follow message in debug:

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to down

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to down

dot1x-registry:dot1x_switch_port_linkcomingup invoked on interface Fa0/0/3

dot1x-registry:** dot1x_switch_vp_statechange:

dot1x-ev:vlan 1 vp is added on the interface FastEthernet0/0/3

dot1x-ev:vlan 30 vp is added on the interface FastEthernet0/0/3

dot1x-ev:vlan 40 vp is added on the interface FastEthernet0/0/3

%DTP-5-TRUNKPORTON: Port Fa0/0/3 has become dot1q trunk

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0/3, changed state to up

%SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN1. Port consistency restored.

%SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN30. Port consistency restored. PVST+:Inconsistency timer expired. inconsistency 0

cleared for FastEthernet0/0/1

PVST+:Inconsistency timer expired. inconsistency 0

cleared for FastEthernet0/0/1

%SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on FastEthernet0/0/1 VLAN30.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN1. Inconsistent peer vlan.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/0/1 on VLAN30. Inconsistent local vlan.

I put attached my router configuration and  topology layout for analisys.

What I'm doing wrong ?thanks

To me it looks like you have mismatched native vlans on each side , vlan 1  on one side and vlan 30 on the other. Trunking setup must match on both sides.

Thanks my man, You was very helpfull and I solve my problems.

If came to Brazil email me I pay the beer !

Thanks !!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card