Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everyone,I am having a problem with getting port authentication to work correctly. The laptop cannot get a DHCP address from the dot1x enabled port. I believe I have all the configuration correct.aaa authentication dot1x default group radiusaaa au...

cpratt by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Which statement is true about the FIB table?a) The FIB is derived from the IP routing table and is optimized for maximum lookup throughput.b) When the FIB table is full, a wildcard entry redirects traffic to the Layer 3 engine.The Bosson test engine ...

from88 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,Branch Office Router <----> ISP 1 Router <----> ISP2 Router <----> Main Office RouterWhat is the practical use of a GRE tunnel in the above scenario?What are the pros and cons of GRE tunnel over IPSEC tunnelKrishna

Hi,I have got a catalyst cisco 2960G series switch and via this switch I want to creat serveral vlans.I am getting a dhcp IP from a router and I want to setup my own vlan networks.I plugged in the Ethernet cable that came from the dhcp router to port...

shafitokhi by Level 1
  • 28 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm new to dot1q-tunneling so these are my questions:- Cisco Catalyst 2960 supports "switchport mode dot1q-tunnel" ? I think that 3750 yes... but I'm also not sure. The support of "dot1q-tunnel" is related to IOS version or to platform?? - If a...

Topology:Internet—ASA5550—Cisco4503—Cisco2960—PC                        |               |                       Cisco4503—Cisco2960—PCProbably the same with this.Dynamic routing to avoid,Here I do not know how ASA to write a static routeASA is used t...

Hi,We currently have 2 4507R's both with WS-X4515 Sup's, 1 in production running cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA4 and the other for testing and is running cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA11.Now interestingly after checking the Cisco Feature Navigator is clearly s...

Dear All,spanning-tree port fastswitch port mode accessis there any command which can combined these two commands.?means only single command can do the same.RegardsToufeeq

i have switch cisco 3750 and configured mac access list in one port but did not bloked .mac access-list extended internet deny host 001D.RE78.M809permint any any internet e0/1mac access-group internet in---Posted by WebUser Awad Elkhfefi

My company is using the 10.x.x.x IP range internally. Management is wanting me to implement a wireless solution using IP addresses in that range.  The trick is that they want to use one of the subnets, say 10.1.2.x/24, for guest access on its own SSI...

sanmantim by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Im trying to redistribute some static routes into OSPF on a Cisco ASA 5520 running 8.2(2). I need to filter a few specific routes from being redistributed but I cant seem to use a prefix list with a route-map on ASA.  Does anybody know how else to ac...