policy-map BLOCK
 class BLOCK
  priority 8
  set dscp ef
policy-map QOS

!

interface f0/0

service-policy output BLOCK

The idea for this is to give the lowest bandwith to this ip range. but I dont see this working, 

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Access-list doesn't match any packets. If you would like match all packets except network 46.38.56.0 0.0.7.255 You should use

permit ip any any

after deny ip 46.38.56....

Hi all,

All the qos config I have is the one I posted., I already made the change for the ACL. What I'm looking for is to give the minimum bandwidth to that IP address.

Thanks. 

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Could you further define what you mean by providing minimum bandwidth?

If you mean last to get bandwidth, use a bandwidth statement rather than the priority statement.  Setting to 8, I recall, will provide the lowest possible dequeuing priority.

Then match the traffic you want to provide this low priority to.

You might also consider a generic policy such as:

policy-map generic

class LLQ

priority percent 33

class HiPriority

bandwidth remaining percent 81

fair-queue

class LoPriority

bandwidth remaining percent 1

fair-queue

class class-default

bandwidth remaining percent 9

fair-queue

The above (as a model) often addresses about 99% of any QoS needs (for congestion management), just direct traffic to the "correct" class.

Hello

Are you showing the complete acl listing here?
What is the QOS policy map performing?

Applying 8Kps of LLQ to a class map that is  matching on a ACL with a deny ACE range doesn't make sense to me, a permit value would be more viable solution.

Can you show the full qos configuration if applicable?

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card