cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RE: Doubt regarding Etherchannel terminating on different line cards on 4500 chassis

tdotvix1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 x WS-X4548-GB-RJ45 Catalyst 4500 Enhanced 48-Port 10/100/1000 Base-T (RJ-45) line cards in a 4500 chassis with 2 x WS-C4507R-E           E-Series Super visor engines. We would like to create a layer 3 ether channel from a access layer switch terminating on our 4500 chassis. Can we configure the ether channel from the access layer switch such that one port on the ether channel is on one line card and the other one is on the other line card? Can this be done since both links are terminating on different line cards?

Thanks,

Vick.

Message was edited by: Waqas Raza

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can have one port of the etherchannel on one  card and the other port on another.  You can divide them up on any port in the chassis. Although I'm not sure why you need a L3 etherchannel to the access box ,normally you would just use a trunked etherchannel down to the access layer.

Very true indeed sir! Thank you for your valuable insight into the matter. Thanks for pointing the design flaw out. I meant to say Distribution to Core. Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card