Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 2 Nexus 5596UPs with a layer 3 cards that are exhibiting some very peculiar behavior.  The systems are running 5.1(3)N1(1).I have configured 2 VRF contexts each running their own OSPF process.  There is a static gateway of last resort configur...

jedson328 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here is the scenario that we have:We have two 5K nexus switches (A and B) with several 2K fex switches (blades). These two switches have a VPC connections between the two of them. We have a server that has 4 ethernet connections,  NIC 1 and 2 going t...

I have a stack of 4 Cisco WS-C2960S-48FPS-L switches running c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE1 code.  One of our network monitoring tools is indicating discards on a certain port on the switch.  Upon further investigation I am seeing the Total output ...

Just upgrading our 6513E chassis in the lab before I install it into prod. Wanted to have ssh support, so I upgraded to the latest K9 image.But as soon as I did that, my standby sup (sso mode) now continually reboots.I tried an older safe harbour K9 ...

dclee by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm not able to set the mtu on an SVI or routed gigabit port on either model. they are running 12.2(55)SE4.It comes back as "% ip mtu is not supported on this interface".Anyone know why?Also, is there any reason why when the "ip tcp adjust-mss", (set...

I've been updating some of our sites, and in the process I changed the native VLAN from 1 to 10, which is our data VLAN. Is it bad practice to change the native VLAN? What should I take into consideration when thinking about changing the native VLAN?

Hi While trying to save the config i am getting with the below error, can anybody help me solve the problem.building configuration...nv_done: unable to open "flash:/config.text.new"nv_done: unable to open "flash:/private-config.text.new"nv_done: unab...

sauravcgc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently I run a 3750 stack with the following members:sh run | incl provisiswitch 1 provision ws-c3750g-24ts-1uswitch 2 provision ws-c3750g-24ts-1uswitch 3 provision ws-c3750g-24ts-1uswitch 4 provision ws-c3750g-24ts-1uswitch 5 provision ws-c3750g-...

lvdlugt by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On a low-end switch like a 2960 the maximum VLANs is 255, as shown in the output of VTP status:Maximum VLANs supported locally   : 255Number of existing VLANs          : 245When the VTP mode is changed to transparent, VLANs from the extended range ca...

Hello.Can anyone help me with this troubleThereis network with c3750e and 4900m switches.nsk-cat6 is in server mode, all othears in client mode.When adding new vlan on server? some of the switches das not update vtp database.vtp domain is okvtp ...

Resolved! DHCP Bindings

I have been reading the Cisco Press CCNP Switch book and I am partially confused on one of the topics. The topic is DHCP Snooping, I am not grasping how a layer 2 switch can hold the MAC to IP bindings. I could see this on a layer 3 switch, but gener...

bunjiega by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes