cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removed Fex that are still showing up in startup-config.

go.michael
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have reconfigured the FEX numbers attached to a Nexus 5548 running on NXOS5.2  If I do show running-config the interfaces are not there anymore.  But if I do show startup-config the old Fex interfaces still shows up.  I did try write erase then saved the running-config and its still there. Can you help me how to remove this from the startup-config.

Thanks,

Mike

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I have never tried that before, but after deleting it and save, you may want to reboot the switch and see if the old FEX number goes away.

HTH

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Just curious if you ever got this issue resolved, or if a reboot solved your issue.  I'm having the same issue with a pair of my Nexus 5K's.

I opened a TAC case regarding this. The technician said to erase the startup config and reboot the switch without saving the running config. Once the switch has rebooted, reapply the configuration.

Not the ideal way to address the issue... but alas, it is a known bug. As best I can tell it doesn't actually cause any issues aside from my configuration monitoring always saying that the startup-config is different than the running-config.

Thanks for the update.  I figured it was cosmetic only, but like you said, the configuration monitor always alerts so it'd be nice to fix.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card