we have a compliated situation for a VSS on 65 platform
becase one VSS standby 65 chassis was not stable, active chassis went into recovery mode.
And onsite engineer disconnected all line of standby chassis then reloaded active VSS switch .
now there is only one VSS switch running.
next step we will replace standby VSS chassis and supvisor.
I want to know replace steps, do we need reconfig VSS from init , or just copy config from original VSS standby switch to new standby switch sup, then connect vsl and dual-active line?
On new switch you will need to configure only VSS-related part of configuration. All the other configuration should be synchronized from VSS active switch. So, basic steps are:
1. Initially new switch must be completely disconnected from the network
2. Upgrade IOS on new switch to version, which is currently on existing active switch
3. Configure VSS-related part (VSL ports, switch ID, mode, priority, etc).
4. Convert new switch from standalone to VSS. It will boot up in VSS mode as Active switch (since it's still disconnected)
5. Power off new switch
6. Connect VSL links
7. Power on new switch, it should become standby and sync config from active. Check config sync status.
8. Check config and connect remaining links to new switch.
You can also connect VSL links right before converting new switch from standalone to VSS, and it will become standby after reload, but steps above, in my opinion, provide more "controlled" algoritm, to make sure, that conversion is done without any issues.
we just copy whole vss running config to new rma switch.
And direct connect new rma switch(already running standalone)
vsl first , dual-active, product line
is there any problem?