cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RIP

vincent.rs
Level 1
Level 1

I have subnetted 192.168.0.0 with subnet mask 255.255.255.240. I am using RIP to advertise two networks 192.168.0.80/28 and 192.168.0.96/28 which are on the same router. When i try "show ip route" on the next connected router it is not receving the updated ip route table.

So i go back tho the previous router and check the config

Current configuration : 711 bytes

!

version 12.2

no service timestamps log datetime msec

no service timestamps debug datetime msec

no service password-encryption

!

hostname r5

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

no ip address

duplex auto

speed auto

shutdown

!

interface FastEthernet1/0

no ip address

duplex auto

speed auto

shutdown

!

interface Serial2/0

ip address 192.168.0.81 255.255.255.240

clock rate 56000

!

interface Serial3/0

ip address 192.168.0.97 255.255.255.240

!

interface FastEthernet4/0

no ip address

shutdown

!

interface FastEthernet5/0

no ip address

shutdown

!

router rip

version 2

network 192.168.0.0

!

ip classless

!

!

!

no cdp run

!

!

!

!

!

line con 0

line vty 0 4

login

!

!

!

end

Ther in RED. It is advertising 192.168.0.0. Why is it not recognizing the subnet even after it is version 2???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI

First at all you should be sure that the networks that you are announcing in R5 are present in its rounting table. You can do this issuing the command "show ip route" and you should be able to see the two networks 192.168.0.80/28 and 192.168.0.96/28 directly connected. If you don't see one of the networks is because the port associated with the network is down, troubleshoot this problem first. If in fact you see both networks connected in R5's routing table, the next thing you should try is ping next hop  routers, if you can ping the next hop routers I'm sure you will be able to announce the directly connected networks to the surrounding routers.

One thing that you shuold kno about RIPv2 is that RIPv2 perfoms autosummary at the mayor network boundary.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vincent.rs
Level 1
Level 1

Well this was being done in Cisco Packet Tracer!

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do no auto-summary

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

HI

First at all you should be sure that the networks that you are announcing in R5 are present in its rounting table. You can do this issuing the command "show ip route" and you should be able to see the two networks 192.168.0.80/28 and 192.168.0.96/28 directly connected. If you don't see one of the networks is because the port associated with the network is down, troubleshoot this problem first. If in fact you see both networks connected in R5's routing table, the next thing you should try is ping next hop  routers, if you can ping the next hop routers I'm sure you will be able to announce the directly connected networks to the surrounding routers.

One thing that you shuold kno about RIPv2 is that RIPv2 perfoms autosummary at the mayor network boundary.

Thanks a lot !!!! solved it!!!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card