Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am investigating several design options for our new WAN. I would appreciate your thoughts on these options for this new network:1) pair of 7206 routers connected to MPLS cloud. The routers connect back to a pair of 6506 switches that support VSS ...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,i did this lab testSw 1  VTP  server switch   domain manveer Sw 2  VTP client switch domain manveeri changed VTP domain on client switch from manveer  to mp after thisi am unable to telnet or  ping  Sw 2 switch.from  Sw 1 i can see switch 2 as...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm in doubt when i saw client configure. Can DSL router configure both static IP address on ATM interface and negotiate on dialer interface? I'm not sure configuration is correct or not especially default route?interface ATM0.1 point-to-point ip ...

Rojer-bkk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What version of IOS can this use? Or do I have to use the original? The original won't boot and I tried the upgrade to c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC17.binThis is the enterprise version and my understanding is that it will not work on the -A. How can I ob...

Hello Guys,Can you please explain me to how to avoid Spanning tree loops incase any switch misbehaves abnoramally after a reboot or due to a physical loop by connecting addiotional uplink to another switch.Also i would like to know  how STP choose on...

Dear All,Can someone please tell me the meaning of Sw1 under both modules shown below?6500#sho mod verMod Port Model              Serial #    Versions--- ---- ------------------ -------------------------------------------------1   24  WS-X6724-SFP   ...

Resolved! STP Behavior

Hey everybody,I have a simple question about Spanning Tree behavior (I use in my LAN the standard STP 802.1d). I want to add a new switch (STP enabled) to the LAN. This switch has a lower priority as the actual Root Bridge and will never become the n...

HiI have a pair of 7ks acting as layer 3 gateway for voice and data clients. Multiple stacks of 3750s are dual homed to the pair of 7ks in a VPC.DHCP relay is configured on each 7k client vlan interface, pointing to the same DHCP server in the datace...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card