cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Shape peak' command not available

tedauction
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am running a 'WS-C3850-48P' switch using firmware '03.06.04.E '.

Within my policy-map I was planning on using the 'shape peak x' command, however it is not available. The only available 'shape' command is 'shape average'.

Does anyone know why 'shape peak x' is not available ?

Thank you kindly.

mySwitch(config-pmap-c)#shape ?
average configure token bucket: CIR (bps) [Bc (bits) [Be (bits)]], send out
Bc only per interval

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dperezoquendo
Level 1
Level 1

Can you check your licensing? The QoS command reference guide for 3.6E appears to list shape average or peak as available options. Unless that's a mistype/copy paste error.

I also found a listed bug though not much detail was listed on what the issue actually was. It just states "shaping is not working as expected on 3850"... https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy73381/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

However, the known fix is a higher version than what you and Reza tried it on.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I tried it using 03.07.02.E.152-3.E2.bin and "shape average" is the only available option.

HTH

dperezoquendo
Level 1
Level 1

Can you check your licensing? The QoS command reference guide for 3.6E appears to list shape average or peak as available options. Unless that's a mistype/copy paste error.

I also found a listed bug though not much detail was listed on what the issue actually was. It just states "shaping is not working as expected on 3850"... https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy73381/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

However, the known fix is a higher version than what you and Reza tried it on.

jwdoherty
Level 1
Level 1

As most Cisco devices don't appear to support shape peak as I believe they should, you can probably obtain the same results by how you configure shape average parameters.

dperezoquendo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I noticed you marked my Answer correct. Did moving to 3.7(4)E work? I posted the bug as it was the only thing I found in relation to this topic but it does not describe what the issue specifically is. So unless you actually tested this, I wouldn't mark this answer as correct.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card