cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show mls qos int x/y statistics on Nexus 7000?

mullzkBern_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everbody

We have to trace an issue where the DSCP-values of a voice-connection get lost somewhere - the packets are marked with DSCP 46 on the sending client, but are DSCP 0 on the receiving end. On IOS, there is the very handy command 'show mls qos int x/y statistics', with which we see the DSCP-Values of the Packets transferred through a switch-port, even if we don't have a complex QoS-Configuration (mls qos trust dscp everywhere).

On Nexus, there is no such command, and the output of show policy-map tells only when packets are dropped out of queues, but nothing on the 'regular' traffic and nothing on bare DSCP-Values neither.

Is there something, which corresponds to 'show mls qos' on the nexus, or is there another way with which we can trace easily where packets are DSCP-marked and where not?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Berne

Stefan Mueller

ps: I don't mean that I suspect the Nexus of dropping the DSCP-Marking - as far as I understand, it sort of uses qos trust dscp per default. But there are numerous Firewalls, Voice-Servers and other boxes in between the connection, and I would like to isolate the problem to a single box...

ps2: Details for the Nexus: c7010 with M1-Cards, running NX-OS 4.2(4) and 5.1(3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't any way to check it other than the show policy-map commands.

You are correct on the N7K where the QoS marking is trusted by default.

Regards,

jerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't any way to check it other than the show policy-map commands.

You are correct on the N7K where the QoS marking is trusted by default.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card