cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show mls qos int x/y statistics on Nexus 7000?

mullzkBern_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everbody

We have to trace an issue where the DSCP-values of a voice-connection get lost somewhere - the packets are marked with DSCP 46 on the sending client, but are DSCP 0 on the receiving end. On IOS, there is the very handy command 'show mls qos int x/y statistics', with which we see the DSCP-Values of the Packets transferred through a switch-port, even if we don't have a complex QoS-Configuration (mls qos trust dscp everywhere).

On Nexus, there is no such command, and the output of show policy-map tells only when packets are dropped out of queues, but nothing on the 'regular' traffic and nothing on bare DSCP-Values neither.

Is there something, which corresponds to 'show mls qos' on the nexus, or is there another way with which we can trace easily where packets are DSCP-marked and where not?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Berne

Stefan Mueller

ps: I don't mean that I suspect the Nexus of dropping the DSCP-Marking - as far as I understand, it sort of uses qos trust dscp per default. But there are numerous Firewalls, Voice-Servers and other boxes in between the connection, and I would like to isolate the problem to a single box...

ps2: Details for the Nexus: c7010 with M1-Cards, running NX-OS 4.2(4) and 5.1(3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't any way to check it other than the show policy-map commands.

You are correct on the N7K where the QoS marking is trusted by default.

Regards,

jerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't any way to check it other than the show policy-map commands.

You are correct on the N7K where the QoS marking is trusted by default.

Regards,

jerry

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card