cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack 24 and 48 ports 2960X

Jeremy Dubrulle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I know we can stack 2960X with different number of ports. Bu t does it work for every model ?

I mean can I stack :

- 1 48LPD-L with 1 24PS-L

- 1 48LPS-L with 1 24PS-L

- 1 48LPS-L with 1 48LPD-L

I can't find a doc where the compatibility is shown

2 Replies 2

Normally you can stack same model with different port counts. but you need to maintain matching license versions such as,
ipbase-ipbase or lanbase-lanbase etc.
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Jeswin Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Spoiler

Hi , 

Ports quantity is not relevant for stacking,

Please see below prerequisites & restrictions ,

Prerequisites  for Stacking

All stack members must run the same Cisco IOS software image to ensure compatibility among stack members.

Restrictions  for Stacking

• Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image.
  • In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S switches, the number of supported stack members is reduced from eight to four.
  • In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S switches, full stack bandwidth is reduced from 80 Gbps to 40 Gbps.
  • In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S switches, stack convergence time is increased from milliseconds to 1 to 2 seconds.

More details Reference : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-0_2_EX/stack_manager/configuration_guide/b_stck_152ex_2960-x_cg/b_stck_152ex_2960-x_cg_chapter_010.html

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card