cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching PAgP Errors

johnmcgrath29
Level 1
Level 1
i am trying to figure out where i am going wrong here i have three switches on layer 3 two layer 2 switches 4 trunk ports in a typical triangle with the layer 3 as my core/distribution switch I have assigned the three vlans I have configure too all three switches and allowed the three vlans on my trunks inter vlan routing was working till i assigned channel-group 1 mode desirable to create two channel ports with PAgP both sides where set to desirable I scratching my head a bit head any ideas?
I have post some of the error messages below?

%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Fa0/21 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/22, changed state to down
%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Fa0/22 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/23, changed state to down
%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Fa0/23 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed state to down
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan10, changed state to down
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan20, changed state to down
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan30, changed state to down
%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Fa0/24 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have the same number of vlans allowed on the Portchannel on both sides of the connection.

Vlans should be added to the Portchannel and not the physical links.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/whats-this-port-channel-error/m-p/1557572#M155301

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Fa0/21 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (vlan mask is different)

Reason high level -  Mismatch between Portchannel allowed vlan list and Physical Interface VLAN added.

So Compare all the interfaces have same config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have the same number of vlans allowed on the Portchannel on both sides of the connection.

Vlans should be added to the Portchannel and not the physical links.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/whats-this-port-channel-error/m-p/1557572#M155301

HTH

fantastic thank you 

Glad to help, John.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card