Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel tag missing in Dot1q tunnel

AGjlL.pngdHLPX (1).png

hello , i try to use dot1q tunnel to pass vlan 20 thought dot1q tunnel.

i create the config as above image we make ping from host 1 [10.10.10.1] to host 2 [10.10.10.2] i get unreachable , i go to deep about packet analysis

i use wireshark software at interface 1/2 bewween Host1 and sw-bng

i notice the packets is have one tag only [20] so he must have two tag , first 10 for tunnel then 20

i try make wireshark analysis at e1/1 between sw-bng and nexos but that's no packet is pass

i use nexos 9000 in eve .

4 Replies 4

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have you configured " spanning-tree port type edge " on the Eth1/2?

Also, the capture file seems ok, as it is expected to receive the traffic with only one tag and that one being vlan 20.

The double tagging should be observed on the trunk only

Cheers,

Sergiu

P.S. there is a dedicated data center community, with Data Center Switches sub-community. https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center/ct-p/4436-data-center  For all Nexus related questions, you can get better visibility there.

hello , in capture in trunk , that's no packets is pass ,
about " spanning-tree port type edge" , i not used it , but this will effect about double tag ?

Hi,

I am not sure if it will solve the problem, but as per config guide, must be configured:

You must set the 802.1Q tunnel port to an edge port with the spanning-tree port type edge command. The VLAN membership of the port is changed using the switchport access vlan vlan-id command.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/interfaces/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_0110... 

Cheers,

Sergiu

hello , is not working too ,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card