Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I would like to use multi-factor authentication for admin access to my switches and routers.  Currently TACACS and an ISE (2.4) are being used.  My first question is the switch commands.  Does anything in the switch or router configuration need to ch...

rmeans by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Which one of the switches here in the diagram for spanning tree would be considered the root bridge, I know the general rule is that you first look at the priority value, if the priority value matches then we look at the mac address. How do we unders...

I have a problem of stability with the internet, I do not really understand why and how to solve it. I am novice network, it is not me who configured it ... Here are the logs  2147482627 2019-Sep-04 08:29:58 Warning %LINK-W-Down: fa24 2147482628 ...

Nowis by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ello, interface port-channel 1Catalyst 36 switchport mode trunk             .             .             . interface gi 1/0/1  switchport mode trunk   <--  do i need this command?                                                I want to know the diffe...

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit/sec, DLY 10 usec,reliability 255/255, txload 7/255, rxload 17/255Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not setKeepalive set (10 sec)Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, link type is auto, media type is 10/100/1000-TXinput flow-control is off...

Hi,Why Can't Port-Security Be Configured On a Dynamic Desirable Interface (Default), Why Must The Interface Be Configured As Access Or Trunk, I Can't See The Relation Between Port-Security And VLAN, Shouldn't I Be Able To Configure Port-Security With...

Ali Hazim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,i just noticed this section of the config. can someone enlighten me what's this for?line 2 no activation-character no exec transport preferred none transport input all transport output pad telnet rlogin lapb-ta mop udptn v120 ssh stopbits 1

HiI have a Cisco WS-C3560E-12D-E switch, which tells us in its log about a faulty fan.Strangely enough, the sho env all command returns an OK for all four fans, but in the overview (last two lines) it declares Failure-Fan on both power supplies.Feb 2...