Views
Helpful
Replies

UNABLE to Connect POE CCTC Camera more than 24 active connections

sam_channa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends, 

I am facing an issue with one my 3560-POE Switch (48 Ports). I am trying to use it for my Surveillance Camera connectivity using it via POE solution. The issue is that it only allows 24 random ports where I can connect 24 cameras only. After 24 cameras if I am trying to connect 25th camera on any random port, it does not allow it and my camera is not being active, I have tried it disconnecting one camera and now if I connect new one as 24th camera then it is allowing. 

I want to solve it and I want if I need 40 to 45 or even 48 ports should be used as POE not half of it. How to get this solved? Has anyone else faced any such issue? Kindly help and get it resolved if anyone has solution,

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, according to 3560 data sheet "the 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at 15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between."

PoE

Maximum power supplied per port: 15.4W
  Total power dedicated to PoE: 370W

Power Supply Rated Maximum

•  590W (Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48PS)
•  Dissipated power: 220W, 690 BTUs per hour
•  PoE: 370W

You can check the power budget using the command "show power inline".
Check the data sheet of the CAM and, if they support 7W power, you can try to set the power output of the switch using the command "power inline consumption 7000".

If the CAMs required more than 7W, the switch cannot provide enough power for 48 devices.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi, according to 3560 data sheet "the 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at 15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between."

PoE

Maximum power supplied per port: 15.4W
  Total power dedicated to PoE: 370W

Power Supply Rated Maximum

•  590W (Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48PS)
•  Dissipated power: 220W, 690 BTUs per hour
•  PoE: 370W

You can check the power budget using the command "show power inline".
Check the data sheet of the CAM and, if they support 7W power, you can try to set the power output of the switch using the command "power inline consumption 7000".

If the CAMs required more than 7W, the switch cannot provide enough power for 48 devices.

Regards.

Dear Daniele, 

Thank you very much for sparing the time to respond the guidance and ideas. I finally accessed the switch and reset the power values from default to 12000 (mWatts) which was default to 15000mWatts and it thankfully allowed the cameras more than 24 now. Actually my cameras are supporting 12000 mWatts. 

Thank you and everyone else to give their precious time on my post.

best regards

You are welcome.

Regards.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Issue show logging when the 25th camera is being connected, watch out for errors if any (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you do not have budge to buy new Switch or PSU to increase power, Alternative option is buy PoE power injector to provide power to Camera.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card