cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enable sflow feature on Nexus 3548

rbermel83
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to enable sflow via "feature sflow" command on the nexus 3548 switches running 6.0(2)A1(1C) I receive:

Error: while enabling/disabling service: sflow, err: service not found (0x401e0005)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

8 Replies 8

mbowyer
Level 1
Level 1

I am also trying to enable sFlow on a Nexus 3548 (with a 24-port license), running 6.0(2)A3(2) and I also received the same error. I see the original post is 6 months old... did you ever get a resolution?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

sflow is currently not supported in NX-OS on the 3548.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for the reply... it appears to be supported on the 3000, but not the 3524, which, in my opinion is fairly stupid... I know, I know, "its an architecture thing!", but really, Cisco, you couldn't have considered that customers would want this type of visibility in this switch?? Really?!?!

Anyway, thanks for the info... have you found a work-around or similar product that provides you similar visibility?

The only solution I found was to use a Netflow generator that would sit on a SPAN port, I am currently using nProbe by NTOP but there are multiple solutions out there.

Ryan

smailmilak
Level 4
Level 4

Four years later...
Do we have sflow on 3548 now, in 2018? I am not able to find any info on the internet. Only release notes where it says that is not supported, but this note is from 2012.

try again on 2020

TAC said that this is an HW limitation.

networkcheff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sFlow Agent is enabled in the Nexus software by default. sFlow Agent queries teh EthPM for collecting the sampled packet from any interface.
This feature does not require a license.

I tried same in my lab environment

F241.14.26-N3K-C3548P-FA-L3A(config)# feature sflow
feature sFlow is not supported in this platform <<<<<<<<<
F241.14.26-N3K-C3548P-FA-L3A(config)#

If you found my answer to be useful please do not hesitate click on the Star button and answered.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: