cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Error from 6506 from my syslog server

BSmith2277
Level 1
Level 1
2014-12-24 02:46:37 Local0.Alert 10.73.254.2 79: 3d19h: %L3_ASIC-SP-STDBY-1-ERR_NF_PARITY: Netflow table parity error can't be fixed by software.

Host: 10.73.254.2
IP Address: 10.73.254.2

To determine the hostname of this device, run the following command in Windows Command Prompt:
    nslookup 10.73.254.2

I recently received the following syslog error from my 6506.

I tried looking this up, but failed to discover what the error is trying to tell me or what I need to correct it.

Can anyone tell me what this error message means?

As always, all comments, suggestions, opinions and flames are welcome.

Bryan Smith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is the recommend action to take when seeing this error message:

Error Message    %L3_ASIC-1-ERR_NF_PARITY: Netflow table parity error can't be fixed by 
software. 

Explanation    NetFlow table parity errors are too many to be fixed by software.

Recommended Action    Reload the system. If the messages continue for the same module after a reload, contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the output of the show module command to obtain a replacement for that module.

here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/122sxsms/sm2sx05.html#wp1080973

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is the recommend action to take when seeing this error message:

Error Message    %L3_ASIC-1-ERR_NF_PARITY: Netflow table parity error can't be fixed by 
software. 

Explanation    NetFlow table parity errors are too many to be fixed by software.

Recommended Action    Reload the system. If the messages continue for the same module after a reload, contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the output of the show module command to obtain a replacement for that module.

here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/122sxsms/sm2sx05.html#wp1080973

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card