cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update 17.06.04 to 17.06.05 on c9300 ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR

joseph.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

3 c9300-48H stack was updated from 17.06.04 to 17.06.05 and now 90% of the POE phones are having this error flop on and off.

Did not see this issue in 17.06.04

ILPOWER-5-PD_ENTRY_REMOVAL

ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT

ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

joseph.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Finally got the devices back under maintenance and when I updated this time, I chose to move to 17.09.03 which worked just fine, and all of the devices powered on without issue.

View solution in original post

9300-24H/48H and 17.6.5?  I am very confident this is CSCwe22958 (CSCwe54104, CSCwe60763).  

The fix is use any firmware version BUT NOT 17.6.5.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are these error messages happening to only one switch member of the entire stack?

Ideally, put all the logs into a TXT file and upload it so we can see what is happening.  Remove switch names and IP addresses but leave everything else alone.

It's the whole stack.

Attempted to use the 'inline power' on the interface command with no success

Funny thing is when I reverted back to 17.06.04 the entire stack worked with the 140 Cisco VOIP POE phones across the three switches.  

So I'll be putting in a technician support ticket and see whats up with that

I

Let us know what you find out.  This is going to be an interesting bug for those thinking of upgrading to 17.6.5.

acespede
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph,

I'm curious to know if you did open a case with Cisco TAC for this issue and what was the outcome/fix or if the case is still ongoing, etc.

Do you have the SR #? If possible, can you share it unicast, so I can check it out.

Thanks.

Aaron Cespedes V.

Technical Leader - Ent. Switching

joseph.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Funny thing on the way to support . . .   found that my unit had been dropped out of service.   So, I'm in the process of getting it under support.   Once that completes then I'll input the ticket and share the SR#   Sorry for the delay

- Joe Duffy

Sounds good, Joe!

Keep us posted.

Aaron Cespedes V.

Technical Leader - Ent. Switching

joseph.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Finally got the devices back under maintenance and when I updated this time, I chose to move to 17.09.03 which worked just fine, and all of the devices powered on without issue.

9300-24H/48H and 17.6.5?  I am very confident this is CSCwe22958 (CSCwe54104, CSCwe60763).  

The fix is use any firmware version BUT NOT 17.6.5.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card