Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade from 2960 series

Jimmy Dhillon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I am seeking some help/guidance to understand what access layer switch model could be the successor to 2960 series which we have in place right now. We are an industrial manufacturing environment so, cisco models that are rugged and suited for such environment would be needed.

Let me know your opinions and any questions that you guys might have, just let me know.

Regards,

Jimmy

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can also start 'from root' with https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/switch-selector.html
 and subsequently select items according to your needs and watch for final models offered

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

sphillips
Level 1
Level 1

We went from 2960s to 9200Ls but specifically for cameras and workstations. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the current LAN is nothing but static VLANs only then Catalyst 1000 is the ideal replacement for the 2960.

Catalyst 1000 operates on classic IOS.  This is, potentially, the last platform that will operate on IOS.  This means the switch runs on a reliable and stable OS.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card