cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uplinking vtp transparent X vtp server

Rosa Ladeira
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any trouble to fiber trunk NX7000 version 5.2(7) vtp server to NX5020 version 4.0(1a)N2(1) vtp transparent unless manual vlans configuration?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, VTP is disabled on 7ks and 5ks.  If you really want to run VTP, than you have to turn on that feature.

HTH

View solution in original post

Yes, they can, but if you are trying to use one 7k as vtp server and one as transparent, then vlans will not propagate from server to the transparent switch.  If you want the vlan to propagate from the server, than you need to make the other 7k a client.

HTH

Yes, that should work fine.

HTH

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, VTP is disabled on 7ks and 5ks.  If you really want to run VTP, than you have to turn on that feature.

HTH

The questio is:

NX-OS is running server version.

NX-OS is running version4.0 that has one possibility : transparent mode.

Can these two modes run fine together ?

Regards,

Rosa

Yes, they can, but if you are trying to use one 7k as vtp server and one as transparent, then vlans will not propagate from server to the transparent switch.  If you want the vlan to propagate from the server, than you need to make the other 7k a client.

HTH

That is the case, NX5020 is running vesrsion 4.0 which only has transparent mode, nothing else.

As I need Nx7000 and Nx5020 working togheter interoperability is mandatory.

If interoperability is possible betwen transparent (manual vlan config) and serve modes I guess i am not in trouble.

That is the case.

Regards,

Rosa

Yes, that should work fine.

HTH

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Rosa

Glad to help Rosa

Thanks for the rating!!

It works fine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card