Views
Helpful
Replies

VDC question

XIE YAO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

New to NXOS, not sure if this is the right place to post.

Just want to know if I run a show-tech in one VDC, will it include information for other VDC as well?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The admin vdc which is usually vdc id 1 anyway.

Default and admin VDC cannot coexist at the same time. VDC 1 can either configure as default or Admin.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To get this info:-

Show tech vdc-all -( run this from default vdc and it will captured all vdc info)

Regards

Inayath

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can't remember since its been a while when i ran show tech on a N7K, but from what I recall, if you do show tech from the default VDC, it should capture for all other vdc's. Not sure if there was an option to choose a vdc by its name after the command like "show tech vdc" I dont think it was the case.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

when you say default vdc, are you referring to the vdc id 1? or admin vdc?

The admin vdc which is usually vdc id 1 anyway.

Default and admin VDC cannot coexist at the same time. VDC 1 can either configure as default or Admin.

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To get this info:-

Show tech vdc-all -( run this from default vdc and it will captured all vdc info)

Regards

Inayath

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card