cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan based route map in smb 350 switch

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

hi everyone,  pls help me resolve the vlan based route map issue for 350 switch being used as core switch of mid size hotel network.

350 is connected through port 49 to internet  modem1 and through port 50 to modem2.

I want only admin  and cctv vlan to goto internet through modem1 and rest of traffic through modem2.

I cread extended access list permiting the admin and cctv to internet  and then applied it as route map to admin and  cctv vlan.

But still all ip under admin and cctv vlan are going through modem2 instead of modem1

What am i missing or doing wrong? How to resolve this issue?

6 Replies 6

secureitgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is the CCTV vlan a different vlan than the rest of the traffic/devices?

yes different vlan 18

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this SG 350 ( i have not tried but look below video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyJW5nqIrxc

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Learn how to configure Policy-Based Routing on Cisco SMB Switch. Policy-based Routing (PBR) provides a means for routing selected packets to a next hop address based on packet fields, using ACLs for classification. PBR lessens reliance on routes derived from routing protocols. For additional ...

@balaji.bandi , I tried as per video but the vlan traffic is not getting distributed as is to be done using plocy based routing on vlans

sorry it did not work, can you give more information related to your setup

VLAN information

IP address information

gateway next-hop

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Vlan info: vlan 5 - admin and vlan18 cctv need to go through modem1 connected on port 49 of 350 switch to internet. All other vlans need to go through other modem2 to internet using port50 on 350

Config done: I configured extended access list permitting vlan 5 and 18 to goto internet then applied it to route map  with match access list and set next hop as ip address 80.x of modem1. Finally applied this route map vlan interface 5 and 18.

Modem 2 configured as default GW with static route to internet and modem1 as backup GW with higher metric

Result: still ping and trace to 8.8.8.8 using source as ip from vlan 5 and 18 subnet is going through port50 modem2

ip access-list extended admin
permit ip 192.168.5.0 0.0.0.255 any ace-priority 20
exit

route-map admin 1
match ip address access-list admin
set ip next-hop 192.168.80.x 
exit

int vlan 5

ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.0

policy route-map admin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card