ammar.oday
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone 

I have an issue  that PRTG not  read traffic for vlan 
in nexus  it stay to zero value 
when i 

sh interface vlan 73 counters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Port InOctets InUcastPkts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vlan73 -- 0

Port InMcastPkts InBcastPkts
Vlan73 -- --

Port OutOctets OutUcastPkts
Vlan73 -- --

Port OutMcastPkts OutBcastPkts
Vlan73 -- --

but its working for  physical interface 

sh interface Eth1/73 counters

Port InOctets InUcastPkts
Eth1/73 7781246573492550 7573375109017

Port InMcastPkts InBcastPkts
Eth1/73 472176 425926

Port OutOctets OutUcastPkts
Eth1/73 780890066255691 3575755128641

Port OutMcastPkts OutBcastPkts
Eth1/73 17956424 12651

is there any solution for this issue ... thanks

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You may want to check with your vendor, but I think that is the normal behavior with most monitoring applications where they can pull the physical interfaces but not vlans.

HTH

hi and  thanks for replay 
i am asking  if there is  a trick like  this command in cisco-ios
interfaace vlan 10
counter ipv4

to activate vlan counter ...

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately the Nexus 3000 series do not support SVI (interface VLAN) statistics in certain versions of code hence why the counter appears as zero in your outputs - This cannot be modified with any configuration also in these affected versions.

This behavior is documented in CSCve41919 -The SVI statistics capability was added on 7.0(3)I6(2), 7.0(3)I7(1) and the BU golden release of 7.0(3)I4(7). 

Hope that helps!

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

thank you Dear 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card