cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Internet issue

Ven Diesel
Level 1
Level 1

I created a new vlan and able to access all my internal networks and able to access till firewall inside interface ,however cant access internet or cant hit my firewall external ip and internet, apparently all the vlans in the prodcution netwrok are able to communicate anywhere with no issues, Intervlan routing is done by our core catalyst switch,

What steps do be done after creating new vlan:

After creating vlan  do i need to write static route or any additions of acls or nat on my firewall?

Please let me know if i can make it more clear

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As I think, a new VLAN is terminated on Cat4500.

If your Core switch has default route upstream to ASA, then you need to pay attention to ASA. Here you might need to configure:

- route for your new VLAN towards Core

- NAT

- ACL

- different firewall features (policies etc.)

- IPS may be...

Of course, I'm not sure that you need to configure all of them, because I did not see your ASA config.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sergey Fer
Level 1
Level 1

It is neccessary to see you network topology. Shortly - yes, probably, you need to make many additional things to have Internet access.

Hi Thanks a lot for you response and can you please list the additional changes to done ?

I am attching a sample topology and our core 4510 are connected to asa and asa to isp.

Plz let me know if anyhting required.

As I think, a new VLAN is terminated on Cat4500.

If your Core switch has default route upstream to ASA, then you need to pay attention to ASA. Here you might need to configure:

- route for your new VLAN towards Core

- NAT

- ACL

- different firewall features (policies etc.)

- IPS may be...

Of course, I'm not sure that you need to configure all of them, because I did not see your ASA config.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card