cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN - Q-IN-Q

silviorodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

Dears I need do my headquarters (Site A) comunicate to site B and and Site C (Costumers) how can you see at topology below.

Please show me a sample configuration that I do this:

I trie follow this, but not works:

http://packetlife.net/blog/2010/jul/12/ieee-802-1q-tunneling/

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ah ok, I see. The router which needs both vlan 10 and 20. Unfortunately you will need to either move one of the subinterfaces to a seperate port on the router and switch, or place another switch between the router and the 3750 switch. Or if you are able to configure the switch which is in the cloud, you could configure the port on it connecting to the 3750 for QinQ.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Silvio,

of course you can't do that...  who suggested that by the way, I don't see that written anyway in the post or in the link?

Every port can only have ONE single SP tag (S-TAG) which is not requested to be the same used as customer (C-TAG).

Please check this guide which can help you understand how IEEE 802.1Q tunneling (Q-in-Q) works and also clarify what Marius meant with native vlan tagging.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swtunnel.html

For your setup you either need to change your setup or, if your hw allows that, to go toward something more flexible such as EVC.

Meaning that you either:

1. connect the router to the switch via 2 different cables (removing the trunk) and you configure a different SP tunnel per carried vlan (one for C vlan 10 and 1 for C vlan 20).

2. You get a switch able to configure EVC where you can configure something more flexible.

Example of  802.1Q tunneling on Me3600x/3800x is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/12.2_52_ey/configuration/guide/swevc.html#wp1043415

Riccardo

Silvio, the EVC infrastructure is not supported on the 3750ME, even if some commands are available on CLI.

You need another type of switch for EVC (next generation metro such as me3x00x or cat6500 or 7600).

You'd better add a second link between your router and switch and create 2 distinct SP vlans, one carrying vlan 10 and the other vlan 20.

Riccardo

if your hw cannot do EVC it cannot do vpls either

14 Replies 14

That document is missing a command that needs to be present. QinQ is based on double tagging, which will not happen if the native vlan is not tagged. To tagg the native vlan you can either issue the interface command switchport trunk native vlan tag or the global configuration command  vlan dot1q tag native

A couple other things to make sure are correct:

The switchport mode dot1q-tunnel command should be configured on the switch interfaces that are connected to the routers.

All switch interconnecting links must be trunked.

--

Marius thank, but I dont set like this below

interface FastEthernet1/0/5

switchport access vlan 10

switchport access vlan 20

switchport mode dot1q-tunnel

Or I set vlan 10 or vlan 20, its not accept the two!

I think I need to like something like trunk mode!

Please help me!

Silvio,

of course you can't do that...  who suggested that by the way, I don't see that written anyway in the post or in the link?

Every port can only have ONE single SP tag (S-TAG) which is not requested to be the same used as customer (C-TAG).

Please check this guide which can help you understand how IEEE 802.1Q tunneling (Q-in-Q) works and also clarify what Marius meant with native vlan tagging.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swtunnel.html

For your setup you either need to change your setup or, if your hw allows that, to go toward something more flexible such as EVC.

Meaning that you either:

1. connect the router to the switch via 2 different cables (removing the trunk) and you configure a different SP tunnel per carried vlan (one for C vlan 10 and 1 for C vlan 20).

2. You get a switch able to configure EVC where you can configure something more flexible.

Example of  802.1Q tunneling on Me3600x/3800x is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/12.2_52_ey/configuration/guide/swevc.html#wp1043415

Riccardo

I trie do EVC, but my Switch not acceto all commands!

Look:

SW01(config-if)#service instance 10 ethernet

SW01(config-if-srv)#?

Ethernet EFP configuration commands:

default   Set a command to its defaults

ethernet  Configure ether lmi parameters

exit      Exit from ETHER EFP configuration mode

no        Negate a command or set its defaults

How can you see, the command "encapsulation and bridge" not appear.

Follow information about my equipment:

EQUIP MODEL: ME-C3750-24TE

IOS: c3750me-i5-mz.122-35.SE5

Thank;

Silvio, the EVC infrastructure is not supported on the 3750ME, even if some commands are available on CLI.

You need another type of switch for EVC (next generation metro such as me3x00x or cat6500 or 7600).

You'd better add a second link between your router and switch and create 2 distinct SP vlans, one carrying vlan 10 and the other vlan 20.

Riccardo

Maybe works with vpls, or not? Because I dont´have 6500 or 7600.

if your hw cannot do EVC it cannot do vpls either

Please would you known the document that say wats plataform suport technology EVC and VPLS?

Thanks!

Ah ok, I see. The router which needs both vlan 10 and 20. Unfortunately you will need to either move one of the subinterfaces to a seperate port on the router and switch, or place another switch between the router and the 3750 switch. Or if you are able to configure the switch which is in the cloud, you could configure the port on it connecting to the 3750 for QinQ.

--

Please how can I do with that you say: "place another switch between the router and the 3750 switch" Could post a sample configuration?

Thanks

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Silvio,

The devices within the cloud represent the service provider network, correct?

Are they providing you with Layer2 or Layer3 connectivity?

If they are providing Layer3, you can't do Q-in-Q

Edilson thanks!

Follow:

The devices within the cloud represent the service provider network, correct?

YES

Are they providing you with Layer2 or Layer3 connectivity?

I providing L2    

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card