Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN setup: Passing any VLAN through any port

Hi everybody,

I am very new in this networking world! hence I need your suggestion on establishing a VLAN network....

I created 5 VLAN(VLAN2-6) in Cisco MX100 and assigned IPs and  Set Port3-7 access port. I made port-8 as trunk and allowed all VLANs.

In my cisco SG350 switch...what will I configure  so that anyone from any VLAN just plug in any port of the switch and can access the  VLAN  his desktop/laptop  IP belongs to. Ports will not be fixed with specific VLANs.  Ports will not be fixed for any VLAN.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

In my cisco SG350 switch...what will I configure  so that anyone from any VLAN just plug in any port of the switch and can access the  VLAN  his desktop/laptop  IP belongs to. Ports will not be fixed with specific VLANs.  Ports will not be fixed for any VLAN.

You wont be able to do this unless you implement something akin to VMPS which supports dyanmic vlan assoication

What will work is
Meraki
The MX will handle the L3 interfaces/dhcp allocation, the trunk on the meraki will carring the vlans of the L3 interfaces towards SW01

SW01 -
Create the L2 vlans associated with the L3 interfaces of the meraki
Trunk towards Meraki
Trunk towards SW02

SW02 -
Trunk towards SW01
Assgin specific vlans to specific access ports

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In my cisco SG350 switch ( in your diagram i am guessing Switch 1 and switch 2)

you need to create same VLAN as you created on MX meraki one also in SG350, make as access port respected devices suppose to go to VLAN.

Thinking that MEraki handle DHCP / NAT and Everything here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

You wont be able to do this unless you implement something akin to VMPS which supports dyanmic vlan assoication

What will work is
Meraki
The MX will handle the L3 interfaces/dhcp allocation, the trunk on the meraki will carring the vlans of the L3 interfaces towards SW01

SW01 -
Trunk towards Meraki
Trunk towards SW02

SW02 -
Trunk towards SW01
Assgin specific vlans to specific access ports

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thank you very much for suggestion. Can you please guide me on VMPS/ MAB (So far I know VMPS is deprecated)

Hello

For the meraki 802.1x is applicable for dynamic port vlan allocation , review this attached meraki doc url

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card