cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Troubles

smith.jonathan
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I  changed our default gateway from a pair of  PIX515 to ASA5510.  Since I changed the gateway anyone connecting to our wireless VLAN/network who tries to access the Internet may or may not get a page load.  If the page loads it is extremely slow and sometimes the browser page indicator will just spin like it is loading.  It's not our access points, if attach an ethernet cable to my laptop and put my switchport in the wireless VLAN I experience the same problem.  DNS resolves OK, ping responses are consistent with no drops and access to any internal resources are good.  All other LAN VLANs/networks work just fine, it's just Internet access on the wireless VLAN. I see the correct traffic flow in the ASA packet capture. Anything in the ASA Packet inspection related to wireless networking that could be blocked?  Is there a way to check for a routing loop possibly?  Any troubleshooting suggestions.?  We use an Aruab  3400 controller with Microsoft NPS and AD for authentication.

2 Replies 2

ciscoamit_497
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Wat happens when you tried to ping the Internet from WLAN connected PC to any internet ip...is the response is same or getting some huge latency??

Please reply.

Amit

root_taker
Level 1
Level 1

I would check every interface involved in the setup for MTU issues.  DNS and Echo responses are fine but full sized HTTP packets could be getting truncated if they hit an interface that is expecting a smaller MTU size. 

Also, a new firewall makes me want to suggest you double check ACLs as well.  The ASAs have that nice packet tracer feature...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card