cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC Peer Link question.

bruce.thornton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPC peer link where I discovered one of the the 10G ports in the PortChannel is  admin/ down between my two N7009s, the other port in the port channel is up/online. What is the impact of me bring the admin/down port back online. Both ports are configured to in PortChannel that is online.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

it shouldn’t have no impact however you need to ask the question WHY is a physical link of a vpc peer link admin down in the first place?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as long as your physical patch cable check and working, bringing down the interface alone (not port-channel) i do not see risk.

if you are a concerned, do it in the maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since one of the ports in the Portchannel is already up and running, there should be no impact in bringing the other one online as well.

HTH

Hello

it shouldn’t have no impact however you need to ask the question WHY is a physical link of a vpc peer link admin down in the first place?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as long as your physical patch cable check and working, bringing down the interface alone (not port-channel) i do not see risk.

if you are a concerned, do it in the maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card