cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN and bandwidth help needed

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I am getting a 50Mbs fiber internet connection in a few weeks and I will be sharing it with my neighbors.  The only option here is AT&T dedicated service which is very expensive. So we share it.

I am using a Cisco 3750v2 switch with IOS 15.0 and I have all the wiring to their houses done and working.  Each house will get a dedicated static public IP address.

What I would like to do is set each port to provide a minimum of 5Mbs per port (house) but if the full 50Mbs is available, they should be allowed to use the full 50Mbs.

The switch has a maximum bandwidth option but how do I set a minimum and allow the more if available?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is good document and once you build the config and tested, let us know any issue, we can asists you if you have any issue

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/quality-of-service-qos/qos-packet-marking/10100-priorityvsbw.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for that information, I read it fully.

But... things have changed a little.  Here is my new needs.

Everyone (5-10 users) will have their one static public IP address.  I need to provide a minimum 5Mbs to each person based on IP addresses and not based on class other than VoIP which must have priority.

AT&T provided us a Cisco 4331 router and we have full access to the command line and we have a Cisco 3750G switch.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?????

I have suggested the URL above, have made any configuration and tested? where did you suck now?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card