cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web access

abarbin
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a new 9600 Switch. I setup nat and my addresses are translating. I can reach different web addresses via tracert, but none will open. I can't ping as well. I can search via google, but I can't open any web pages. My coworker said he updated the OS but that's it. Two weeks ago all was well I could access websites. Installed from the test location now n0 website access. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abarbin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for you assistance. Turns out my coworker upgraded to an IOS that was released in Oct 23 (last month) and it no worky. Reverted back to original and all works fine. I'm posting from my network now. Lesson, test these new upgrades immediately after install. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Sorry can you more elaborate

MHM

So everything works fine all the way to the google search page. For example I can type in Miami in the search bar and it will return results. However, when I clink on a link it won't open. I am connecting to a port directly on the 9600 to make sure it isn't an access switch issue. I am using NAT and the my ip is being translated, no web pages will open though. Also, we did a tracert all the way to wiki, and the results were sucesssful. I am even able to reslove domain names just can't open web pages. 

Friend 

web access title 

Make me confuse

Do you meaning pc connect to SW or pc connect to mgmt of SW?

If pc connect to SW

Can I see config of SW?

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>>  I can search via google, but I can't open any web pages.  <<<
=> do you mean the google search page is the only page that opens ? NB! this also is a web-page

Yes the google search page is the only page that will open. So that is the only website that will open. I can't even search and receive results, just can't access those web pages. 

Turn2
Level 1
Level 1

Strange problem - maybe a dumb question but what DNS server are you using? If you try to ping something like www.cisco.com, is it resolving the IP address properly?

Yes, it will. 

Hello,

the problem appears to be related to your browser...what OS are you running, and what upgrade did your colleague perform ? Did you try and clear the browser cache ?

I'm no longer at work, but I will post the version tomorrow and or any configurations. I have another network that i can connect to and open websites with no problem using the same laptop. Just on this new switch windows says I am successfully connected to the internet and every thing works fine, except for opening different web pages. Can I roll back the IOS version to the original without bricking and needing a thumb drive to recover? 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on code you using on Cat 9600 default is MTU is 9K - so make sure where you connected ISP Link support thta MTU

what port you using in Cat 9600 to test ?

what is the ipconfig /all from your PC ?

When you connnect PC to ISP it works, it only having issue when you going via Cat 9600 ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

abarbin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for you assistance. Turns out my coworker upgraded to an IOS that was released in Oct 23 (last month) and it no worky. Reverted back to original and all works fine. I'm posting from my network now. Lesson, test these new upgrades immediately after install. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card