cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the maximum number of switches that can be stacked using Cisco StackWise Virtual using 9000 Series switch

Sharath Karpur
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, 

I have a quick requirement for adding more additional switch, can I know : What is the maximum number of switches that can be stacked using Cisco StackWise Virtual using 9000 Series switches ? and recommended firmware it supports ?

Regards

Sharath

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
TWO

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Eight  : according to 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/b_166_ha_9500/b_166_ha_9500_chapter_01.html#concept_gbh_lxx_31b

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Cisco StackWise Virtual is a network system virtualization technology that pairs two switches into one virtual switch

Eight is either the maximum amount of virtual links, or the maximum number of switches in a classical 9k2/9k3 stack.

@Karsten Iwen wrote:
Cisco StackWise Virtual is a network system virtualization technology that pairs two switches into one virtual switch

Eight is either the maximum amount of virtual links, or the maximum number of switches in a classical 9k2/9k3 stack.

Try SIXTEEN (16).

Whow ... But I still stick to my own rule not to stack more than four if not strictly needed.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on the model.

If it is StackWise Virtual - 2

Stacking - up to 8 ( i hearing new stacking can be done with 16, never tested.)

for management and operational point of view easy if we can use the max of up to 4, so you do not need whole floor or building go down when you do maintenance,

instead of 8, if you make 2 stacks, your management is easy.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card