Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey guys,I have a dilemma on my hands these days. We have here a couple of Cisco 2960 switches (one is -S, 3 are -X and one SG350-48P), that are currently connected through copper. The S is the master (connected to the firewall/router, APs, VLAN defi...

I was making a change to the master in the stack and went to reboot the system, but only rebooted the 1 Supervisor , 4500E . now its in standby mode. is there a way to reboot both supervisors through a command on the standby switch. I am remote, and ...

5 years ago prior to me being here, the company deployed 2960s switches to a remote plant. They left everything on VLAN 1. Vlan 1 is acting as the management and the data VLAN. Now, they want to introduce another VLAN.  On the router, it is subinterf...

sejamc71 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Hopefully a quick question. I’ve got a "flat" network I would like to split into several VLANs, I access the Internet via a Smoothwall box. I’ve got cisco 3560 switch and several VLANs configured on the that switch. VLANs are talking to my DHC...

jameson by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a console server that I need to deploy in a remote cage that is only accessible by a long-reach SM fiber connection. I have a CIsco 2911 with a 16-port card for console connections, a 4-port switchport card for local connections and a SFP inte...

I have two Nexus 9k's in a VPC receiving multicast data. Both switches have non-orphaned ports receiving the multicast traffic. The problem is that the VPC peer-link is holding onto the IGMP snooping group when no other devices are are joined. This i...

Dylan J. by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone, We have 4 Nexus 9000 switches, they are connected to each other in a mesh topology, all ports between switches are configured as a trunk. Two switches of 4 are connected to Active-Standy firewalls. I need to implement private VLANs on...

Hi cisco gurus!Unfortunatly cisco 5596 is end of sale, so I'm buying a 5672. The thing is: Is it possible to create an active/active solution or and stack between this two  swtichs? I think they are using the same firmwareThanks in advancedMariano 

soporteca by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Experts, I'm having trouble with getting per tunnel QoS to work on DMVPN.   I'm getting this error: Jan  2 23:27:33.756: %NHRP-3-QOS_POLICY_APPLY_FAILED: Failed to apply QoS policy Group2Mbps-Interface mapped to NHRP group Group2Mbps on interface Tun...

Hello Folks.Sorry I'm not so skilled in Cisco switches, therefore need some support. I have a IE-5000-12S12P switch, which I use in real-time experiment.On this switch I have 24ч 1G Ports connected to some streaming equipment. Each of these issues a ...

syoma by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey everyone,I was wondering if you could help me.  We have a stack of 3 3750's and would like to add another to it.  After hooking up the new switch to the back, it doesn't seem to want to auto update. Running Show Version:Switch Ports Model SW Vers...