cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What software do I need for an SM switch module?

Chris Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SM-ES3G-16-P that should have newer software installed if possible for security reasons.  I went to the software downloads on cisco.com and I can't find this model in there.

When I do a sh ver, this is what it says it's running:

System image file is "flash:/c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-52.EX1.bin"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

After I posted this, I was looking to see if there was updated router software as well, and that's where I found it.  The switch module software can be found in routers under any of the routers that can use the switch module.  For example, for a 2951 they have switch module software in a section underneath the router for the SM-ES3G-16-P, and also the 2G versions of the switch modules.

So if it's a switch module for a router, look under the router's software section to find software for the switch module.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure the Switch module you trying to installing what device : (please confirm the model of the device ?) 

show version

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/nm/hardware/installation/guide/eesm_hw.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Chris Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

After I posted this, I was looking to see if there was updated router software as well, and that's where I found it.  The switch module software can be found in routers under any of the routers that can use the switch module.  For example, for a 2951 they have switch module software in a section underneath the router for the SM-ES3G-16-P, and also the 2G versions of the switch modules.

So if it's a switch module for a router, look under the router's software section to find software for the switch module.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card