cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN not giving dhcp to clients and no internet access

hehexd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network consisting of a controller, switch, mikrotik router and access points. Everything is fine (aps are communicating with the controller and the router and have the router as a dhcp server) but when i join a SSID i created i dont have internet access and it doesnt give me an ip address. What is the solution for this? Is there any config i should do inside the WLAN?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WLAN required to reachability to DHCP VLAN- so i would suggest to check the Trunk port and allowed the right VLAN in it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Im using vlan 100, switch to controller is set to trunk and also switch to router is set to trunk and switch to ap is set to access vlan 100. The aps are getting ips from the dhcp server but when i create a Wlan SSID and join it with any device the dhcp doesnt give me IPs.

Can you post relavent switch and WLC

BB

Unfortunately at this time i dont have access to the devices since they are not mine, im just working with these devices. If u need to ask anything specific just ask and ill answer you

we need to confirm what configured on the switch also on WLC, without that we can not sure what was configured.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card