Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960C-8TC-L Network Navigator, configuration problem

Muehlental
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have problems commissioning a WS-C2960C-8TC-L using Network Navigator.

Initial setup was sucessful, but when trying to configure VLAN(s) I do not get a dialogue for configuring address range etc. (see screenshots in the attached document).

1) Can you help me please?
2) Network Navigator is discontinued. Is there a successor product?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Muehlental 

You are on L2 configuration, no ip address here.

Go to Devices properties. Since your VLAN_USER is vlan id 2, configure subnet under vlan 2.

M02rt37_0-1702974372299.png

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Configure the device , using the CLI instead , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for your answer, but somebody from Cisco is giving me a solution using Network assistant.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never used any GUI to configure 2960 back in days, best and simple is Cli.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your answer, but somebody from Cisco is giving me a solution using Network Assistant.

>..., but somebody from Cisco is giving me a solution using Network Assistant.
   - Strange because Network Assistant is obsolete , get familiar with the CLI too , useful

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Muehlental 

You are on L2 configuration, no ip address here.

Go to Devices properties. Since your VLAN_USER is vlan id 2, configure subnet under vlan 2.

M02rt37_0-1702974372299.png

Best regards

New problem, see attachment. I read the documentation but unfortunately do no seem to be able to solve the issue. My electronics and software provider has a lot of knowledge about VLANs but usually configures hp switches and thus was not able to solve the issue either. Thank you very much in advance!

Hello @Muehlental 

where is the DHCP configuration ? It should be hosted on a dedicated server or in a L3 equipment (router/L3 Switch) or on your C2960 !

Best regards

I have a DSL-Modem/WLAN-Router/LAN-Switch (192.168.100.1) for the 192.168.0.x network. The C2960 is connected to the LAN-Switch and I configured as Gateway 192.168.100.1. Is that correct? How do I configure the DHCP on the C2960 for the VLANs??

Thank you in advance.

@Muehlental 

Which models for the LAN-Switch and the WAN-Router ?

Best regards

LAN-Switch and WAN-Router are non-Cisco products.

In the attached document the values I want to apply and I assume are correct and how I configure them using Netwark Assistant. Thank you in advance for your help!

Muehlental
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much, I found it. I will now try to proceed by myself.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card