Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

All: I have an interesting scenario below. IE4000 (Stratix S5400) running Version 15.2(7)E Physical interfaces that are members of a PRP interface can change status, but they do not show down until both interfaces (LAN_A, LAN_B) are down. It is almos...

Hi AllJust a quick question on the licencing for a 9K switch.When we purchase a switch, say it has Network advantage and DNA advantage 3 year, does Cisco automatically apply the DNA licence from the factory when it is shipped?Or, do we need to regist...

Hi folks,Some questions on the subject that my searches haven't found an answer to yet on this. I have 3 Cisco 3850 WS-C3850G-48P-E switches I bought used to upgrade our church network. I do commercial network-based AV as my day job, so am familiar w...

jlkleins6 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! SFP Type

Hello,  I am trying to find out the type of SFP that we have in several switches. When I issue a "show interface" "show inventory", the type of SFP that comes up is "1000Base-SX SFP". When I use the Cisco Optics Matrix, this type of SFP doesn't come ...

ZK916 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we have some Cisco 9500 switches. I wanted to restart one via CLI with the normal reload command and then the following error message came up: ***ERR - AdelphiI2cWriteACT(247): I2C access failedI2C controller is in error state, reg value: 0x000...

Hello. This is probably a stupid question as im very new to networking and its confusing me.So ive connected my pc to a wallport using an ethernet cable which connects into a switch.I hopped onto the switch and saw the interfaces running config is th...

Hi Everyone,I have been trying to upgrade the IOS for one C9200L switch from 16.9.4 to 17.3.3. The switch was on install mode and unfortunately it was failed.From the below installation log message that the install activate was failed.  #install add ...

james!!! by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes