cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acano/CMS 2.0

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone deployed CMS 2.0 yet? Is it possible to upgrade Acano 1.9 to CMS 2.0? I'm upgrading Acano Server 1.6 to 1.9 anticipation 2.0 so are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of like licensing, etc?

34 Replies 34

1: I think due to the number of bugs logged there will be a major release soon.

I am waiting for 2.0.7 which will contain bug fixed I have logged with Cisco/Acano Support which currently affect the stability or my production CMS server.

2: You referring to Dual Homed conferencing? We have not enabled this as we run a multi tenant environment and it seems you can only point to 1 edge pool as a global config and not per tenant. I might be wrong on this as its still something I need to ask Cisco about.

3: As per other comments it is possible to add CMS to TMS. It is documented in the TMS 15.3 release notes.

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

So I upgraded my x-series Acano server to CMS2.0.7 but wasn't able to activate the MCU on my Acano Manager 1.x and learned that only AM2.x is compatible with CMS. This is a problem because my intent was to add CMS to TMS and migrate scheduling back to that. Only issue there is that the monitoring conference control center in TMS 15.3 is broken with CMS.

My intention on moving forward with upgarding to CMS was to go ahead and migrate scheduling back to TMS but use AM for the monitoring live calls piece until Cisco got TMS fixed. Now I'm not sure if it's even worth the trouble to upgrade AM and thinking maybe I'll just sit back and wait for Cisco to fix TMS unless there's a workaround that anybody is aware of.

There is no solution for monitoring CMS calls within TMS, as CCC doesn't currently support CMS. There is a replacement monitoring solution coming for CMS, however I don't the specifics of it, just that it's being worked on. 

Hi Patrick,

Wouldn't any monitoring solution for CMS be an update to Prime Collaboration Assurance? That's where the entire Telepresence suite has been monitored to date. 

The reply above mine was referring to conference control and monitoring of active calls using Conference Control Center within TMS, however CCC doesn't support CMS.

If CMS is eventually added to Prime Collab Assurance, than it will be a good addition to provide real-time monitoring and troubleshooting for CMS, but conference scheduling and control will remain with TMS.