cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acano Server 1.9 handshake error with Lync/S4B

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently deployed a new VM Acano Server  running v1.93 and having trouble connecting S4B/Lync 2013 clients, getting a "handshake error 104 on incoming connection X" I've completed the in and outbound dialing peers in Acano that support the calls as well as setting the static route from Lync to Acano. My company did deploy a new CA/PKI server so the server that provided the cert for Lync is different than the one on my new VM but not certain that that is causing the problem. On the DNS entry I did not specifically request an A record if that matters at all. I am seeing the calls hit the Acano bridge. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd make sure that the Acano and S4B servers can trust and validate each other's certificates?  Handshaking errors are usually due to certificate issues, since S4B relies on TLS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd make sure that the Acano and S4B servers can trust and validate each other's certificates?  Handshaking errors are usually due to certificate issues, since S4B relies on TLS.

That was the issue Patrick. The Acano cert path didn't match the Lync static route so I issued another one and installed it and even though the certs are from different CA servers it's connecting now. Thank you!