Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APNS for cisco jabber

Hello, we have CUCM and expressways environment and jabbers users working properly from remote locations.

Recently iPhone jabber users started complaining not getting jabber calls when iPhone in blocked. I searched and got information about we need to activate APNS for iPhone.

Do we need an IM & presence server? Or we can active APNS with only CUCM and expressways?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I got aswer from Cisco Tac and they showed that it is cosmetic problem. from Cli to APNS link showing unsucessfully connection but  in real its working. Got this from CUCM clie with this command  

run sql select one.pkid, two.name as DEVName, three.userid as userid, one.pushnotifytoken, one.pushchanneltype, one.key, one.algorithm from devicetokendynamic as one, device as two, enduser as three where one.fkdevice=two.pkid AND one.fkenduser=three.pkid

.ANd onbarding working fine.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

please have a look on below link.

https://video.cisco.com/video/6028357522001

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal  I already watched this video, but we don`t have IM & presence server, we only have CUCM and expressway.

I did as showed in the video but XCP services weren`t  in our CUCM. And CUCM onboarding page still shows restart XCP services in IM & Presence.

What version of CM and MRA Exprw do you use?

Apple started to use APNs quite some time ago and they anounced another change for this earlier this year. For details please see this document, https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/APNSUpdates.pdf

Response Signature

CM version is 12.5, Expressway X 12.6

We activated the Onboarding service in CUCM. However, from cucm cli can`t connect cisco cloud services. (utils network connectivity fos-a.wbx2.com 443) . Cucm has a connection to the internet. for instance, CUCM can ping cisco.com but can`t connect cisco.com 443.

Then your not going to be able to complete the setup of the onboarding service. It requires access to internet to the listed resources in the documentation. This can be done via direct connection or via a proxy.

Response Signature

We have Cisco ASA between CUCM and the internet and we checked asa and it shows not blocking any port from cucm to the internet.

Also, I checked packet capture from cucm cli and it shows service not accessible. But ping to the cisco cloud is successful.

From packet capture we are only got ICMP traffic , TCP 443 not hitting captures. From the captures point of view, cucm isn`t creating TCP 443 traffic.

Have you checked that CM can do name resolution for the required names in the documentation for APNs setup?

Response Signature

Yes, we checked, ping is successful, we are using ping to the hostnames.

If you don't see the traffic hit the firewall it would likely mean that the traffic takes another path. Are you using any proxy in your network? For example if you have a transparent proxy it would intercept the traffic and thus you might not find it in the firewall if you look at a filter for traffic coming from the CM. Just a wild guess.

Response Signature

I got aswer from Cisco Tac and they showed that it is cosmetic problem. from Cli to APNS link showing unsucessfully connection but  in real its working. Got this from CUCM clie with this command  

run sql select one.pkid, two.name as DEVName, three.userid as userid, one.pushnotifytoken, one.pushchanneltype, one.key, one.algorithm from devicetokendynamic as one, device as two, enduser as three where one.fkdevice=two.pkid AND one.fkenduser=three.pkid

.ANd onbarding working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: