Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 - SX20 REMOTE CONTROL

Simona Caccamo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am aware that the c20 is out of support, but I had a curiosity, if I have to upgrade the system to the latest release do I also have to possibly change the remote control? If I am not mistaken that is not how it works with the SX20.

4 Replies 4

If you have TRC5 and need to upgrade from TC versions to CE version, TRC5 will not be compatible with CE versions and you have to purchase TRC6 remote control

That's not 100% true.  Many of the buttons on the older TRC5 will report an error on the CE software and tell you you need to use a TRC6 remote, but if you keep to the basic buttons (essentially those that match what is on a TRC6), then the TRC5 will still work fine.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The C20 can only run the older "TC" software.  The SX20 originally shipped with the "TC" software in the early days, but then shipped with "CE8" or "CE9" towards the end of its sale life.  The SX20 has passed its end of sale date, and will also become end of support later this year (31 October 2024), so should be considered to be much the same as the C20. 

While it's highly recommended to use the TRC6 remote with the "CE" software, it isn't 100% necessary, however you will receive messages on the screen if you push a button on a TRC5 that is no longer supported in CE.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

As Wayne mentions, the C20 will only use TC software and the TRC 3 or 4 should work fine.

The SX20 (although EoL) can use a Cisco Touch10 connected via the network.  I.e. the Touch10 will plug into a networked wall port, and can talk to your codec via the network for pairing.