Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 Layout and wallpaper issue

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a customer who has a C40, dual screen on the latest version of firmware (6.1.1). Outputs to the screens are on HDMI. They are used to it being full screen self view on both screens but now after upgrading the firmware its always the wallpaper. Every time they manually put it on full screen selfview, after the codec comes back out of standby the screens are on the wall paper again.

Is there a way of keeping both monitors on full screen self view all of the time when out of a call or not displaying local presentation.

Another problem they are having, when calling another site, they get self view on the right for a moment, the far end on the left and then the right hand screen goes black. They can however show presentations in a call which do come up on the right and a self view PIP on the left but when the presentation is cancelled, the screen goes black again and the PIP disapears. The customer is expecting full screen self view on the right when the presentation is not active.

(Monitor 1 is left and Monitor 2 is right)

Can you help?

Kind regards

Luke

56 Replies 56

Pratik Sachdeva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Luke/Tom,

The bug is a high priority for the development team  right now and is targetted to be resolved in TC6.2 however, it cannot  promised with 100% assurance that it will get fixed.

I know that this is quite a hassle and many customers have reported the same but we have to wait until a fix is implemented.

Thanks,

Pratik Sachdeva

Hi Pratik,

We have exactly the same issue with TC6.1.1 but on a SX20 codec.

Best regards,

Mihail

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Do we have a projected release date for a fix to this issue?

Will it be in the next release and when can we expect it?

Cheers

Luke

Hi Luke,

TC6.2 is in testing phase right now - as far as I can tell, it contains a partial fix for now. The official release is expected by the end of this month or in early July.

If you would like to receive TC6.2 Beta release to test the things with, I would recommend opening a TAC case.

Regards,

Pratik

Hi Pratik

I will make the suggestion.

Can I make a request to be informed when the full dot release has been commissioned? I would like to get the customer up and running ASAP.

Many thanks for your help

Luke

Hi again Pratik

I have spoken to my superior about creating a TAC case to get the beta software but he says we cannot do that as opening TAC cases affects our metrics as a Cisco partner.

Is there a way you can provide the software through the forum?

Kind regards

Luke

Hi Lukes,

I am afraid, I cannot provide you the beta version. If you cannot open a TAC case, I would request you to reach out to your Sales guy in Cisco or your Accounts Manager. They might be able to get you a copy and can even put you on Early Field Trial.

As far as the official release is concerned, it is expected to be out by the end of this month. There is no way I know of to automatically intimate you when it happens. One of the ways is through the TAC case which is not an option we want to go for. I would say checking it during the last week of June would solve our purpose.

Thanks,

Pratik

Hi Luke / Tom,

I may be losing something here, but, with regards the issue that PIP appears on the worng monitor, let me ask you something, have you ever tried to invert the monitor roles? Configuring video output 2 to be the first monitor and video output 1 to be the second/presentation monitor?

I am not telling it is gonna resolve your issue, I am just trying to suggest some workaround until you get the new TC6.2 software.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I'm going to but in here - I think I might have tried this and it didn't work. Essentially, there is no option to say which monitor the PiP for the local image should appear on.

Essentially, the remote image will always be fixed to one screen, whether that be first or second. You can then say that you want the local image on the "other" screen. The presentation will then replace this local image on the "other" screen, by the PIP will now be displayed on the same screen. If you specify you want the local image on the same screen as the remote image, you will always have a PiP and so if there is no presentation, the other screen will just be empty.

What would be nice is to seen an option in TC6.2 that specifies where they PiP for the local screen should be placed. Failing that, simply get the developers to revert the layouts back to the way they functioned in TC5.x and we will all be happy!

One can juggle around with the following config to attain the desired  results but it is not a user friendly solution as the default behavior  got changed in TC6.x as compard to TC5.x:-

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: on

There is also an option to change the selfview/PIP position on screen.

Regards,

Pratik

Yes, but you can't then send the PiP to the first screen - only somewhere on the second screen. This then overlays on the presentation and is the whole bug bare of the issue. There is no way to have full screen local view, then small local PiP over remote with full screen presentation and no PiP. The images above show the problem.

In TC5 the default view allows full screen local on 2, full screen remote on 1, then full screen presentation on 2, full screen remote on 1 with local PiP overlaid. This is impossible to replicate TC6 at the moment.

On Tc6 if the local PiP overlays the presentation, local users cannot read part of the presentation. This is not just annoying, it is simply not acceptable.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Pratik,

Tried that. The problem is the PIP stays on over People. With most of our connections being multi-point, once again we lose valuable screen real-estate.

Solution is quite simple, under SelfView/PIP, have a default option of OFF. We have been over this ad nauseam to Cisco via our service provider and on this forum.

Really, when is Cisco going to listen? It's not that endpoint managers/users do not like the change, the change is just plain wrong and needs to be fixed and the fix is simple.

Kindly

Tom

As I mentioned earlier, Bug is already open for the issues mentioned above. As far as I can say, TC6.2 Beta addresses part of the proble so far. There are different beta revisions; I haven't tested the latest one myself; any of you are welcome to get a copy through a TAC case or via Sales/Accounts team.

This has been quite a hassle for lot of users and many didn't upgrade their systems to TC6.x for the same reason. I don't know what took long for the developers to fix it but it is a top priority issue.

Thanks,

Pratik

Paulo,

The PIP shifts to People and stays active at all times. On multi-point conferences it steals screen real-estate.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

I got the point. But i think you can try one more thing as workaround:

1 - disable selfview PIP (as you have already done)

2 - use TC Consosle to build a custom layout. With TC Console you can create a PIP with selfview image and put it over main display. You can even put it only when presentation is being shared. Also use TC Console to create a selfview frame to be showed on the second display when not sharing presentation.

Have you ever tried that?

I know that is not aplicable to SX20, but at least you can use to C40, C60 and C90.

Paulo Souza

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".