Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 Layout and wallpaper issue

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a customer who has a C40, dual screen on the latest version of firmware (6.1.1). Outputs to the screens are on HDMI. They are used to it being full screen self view on both screens but now after upgrading the firmware its always the wallpaper. Every time they manually put it on full screen selfview, after the codec comes back out of standby the screens are on the wall paper again.

Is there a way of keeping both monitors on full screen self view all of the time when out of a call or not displaying local presentation.

Another problem they are having, when calling another site, they get self view on the right for a moment, the far end on the left and then the right hand screen goes black. They can however show presentations in a call which do come up on the right and a self view PIP on the left but when the presentation is cancelled, the screen goes black again and the PIP disapears. The customer is expecting full screen self view on the right when the presentation is not active.

(Monitor 1 is left and Monitor 2 is right)

Can you help?

Kind regards

Luke

56 Replies 56

My suggestion is something like this:

Dual display when not sharing presentation:

Dual display when sharing presentation:

See the attach, it is a xml you can open on TC Console, it is an example for C60 codec.

That is all I can suggest as workaround.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the workaround. For now we've rolled back to TC5.1.6 until TC6 issue resolved. Will keep this in mind for future issues. Great stuff.

Kindly

Tom

Hey All,

I went through the threads and I see the following comments:

• Essentially, there is no option to say which monitor the PiP for the local image should appear on.
  • What would be nice is to seen an option in TC6.2 that specifies where they PiP for the local screen should be placed.
  • Yes, but you can't then send the PiP to the first screen - only somewhere on the second screen.

Maybe I am missing something but wont the following commands help you to accomplish this:

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole:

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault PIPPosition:

I believe these commands should be able to help you achieve the desired results. Could one of you try these and share the results.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Yes - I think you are missing something.

The PiP is on the same screen as Self View. Needs to be on other screen in Dual screen setup so as not to obscure presentation.Pip position on on the screen makes no odds - still obscures part of the screen

I'm not sure how many differnt way people can try to explain the problem. I'll give up now and wait for 6.2

Paulo - nice to know there is a solution for the C60+ with custom layouts. Shame we have 30+ dual screen C20 and C40s

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Any news on the latest firmware release?

Kind regards

Luke

Last I heard from one of my Cisco contacts was "mid July", so guess another week or two away yet.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Morning Luke,

Not sure. Through our maintenance provider we were able to test 6.2RC1 and sadly there was no change. We've given Cisco video of system behaviour with TC516 and TC62RC1 so hopefully they understand and resolve soon.

Cheers

Tom

Hi folks,

I just tested right now a C90 codec with TC 6.1.2. With C90, the issue does not occur. I have PIP placed on the main display and not over the presentation display. I didn't make any special configuraiton to have it working. I only used a custom layout family created by TC Console which shows presentation in the second display, then I pressed "Layout button" to active self view, then selfview appears in the right place, over the main display's image.

I guess it is some kind of bug related to SX20 / C40 and TC6 alone. I didn't have oportunity to test C60 yet, but I guess it will work with C60 as well.

Unfortunately, SX20 and C40 dont support custom video layout by using TC Console, if they supported, I would suggest to test it by setting a simple custom layout, but it is impossible for now.

Therefore, I guess there is no option except waiting for Cisco's solution.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

In TC6.2, if you are using the cisco touch, you should already be able to drag and drop the PIP to several "pre-defined" position on the same screen, or from the 1st screen to the second screen (dual monitor mode) and vice versa.

Going forward, in future release same method is expected to be implemented when you are using the remote control. Use the remote control to toggle the PIP to the position you want.

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Well - the good news is that 6.2 has been released. In the release notes there is a mention of a layout bug being resolved.

The BAD news is that in my opinion this major bug HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. As per Tom Kalikajaros' excellent post above on May 21, 2013 6:48 AM (which is all but 2 months ago now), if you have the self view enabled as full screen on the second screen, when a presentation is sent by a remote source, the self view reverts to a PiP on the SAME screen, thus overlaying part of the presentation!!!!!!

Does Cisco understand that this is NOT acceptable? Do the Cisco management find this acceptable in there VC meetings (assuming they use the lower end kit - which they probably don't)?

This still means that TC6.x is unworkable for many (if not most) applications. There maybe potential work around's on higher spec C series CODECs, but for the C20, C40 and I'm betting the SX20 with dual screen licence, it essentially makes a mockery of the dual screen licence.

Once again, this does not happen on TC5.x. The self view will switch screens, with the PiP overlaying the remote video feed and thus will not interfere with the presentation.

Please, please please fix this ASAP. As far as I see it, you have 3 options:

1. Revert the layout behavior to that in TC5.x
  2. Add and option to show the main self view on one screen but a PiP on the other
  3. Add and option to remove the PiP completely when presentation is sent

I personally would go for option 2 and 3, as this will by the administrator more flexibility to set the views up as they see fit. But it the developers simply can't get there head around this, then a complete reversal to TC5 layout would be preferable over what you have.

Not a happy bunny!

CSCuh04746 - C40 layout doesn't switch selfview to first monitor

This is the one which is still not resolved and is applicable for other units too.

Does the selfview go back to the second display when content isn't being sent, ie: when stopped?

Yes, it is fixed now and was tracked under Bug Id CSCuf74115.

When not in a call, full screen selfview is not re-instated on 2nd monitor after staring presentation. The selfview gets re-instated to full screen now.

One might need to make the following changes to get the selfview on second monitor though as it comes on first monitor in a new codec with default config:-

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

Hi Swintster70,

We now have a new engineer who has taken ownership of issue (case CSCuh94905).

Unfortunately, no correspondence since the 12th July 2013. Painful? Yes.

Kindly

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I can think of a few other words that might be more appropriate than "Painful"!!! I am shocked that this was even allowed out the door, but given that it was clearly indicated over 2 months ago now by yourself, and that Cisco have already released several version of TC 6, I cannot believe that this has not be fixed. It is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Chris