Views
Helpful
Replies

Call CTS-3000 through VCS Expressway

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have the following scenario: CUCM with CTS Systems registered, a Telepresence Server 8710 and Firewall Traversal Solution with VCS Control and VCS Expressway.

I have another CTS system in other location with the same scenario.

Is it possible call from scenario 1  to Telepresence System CTS in Scenario 2 with 3 screens?

CTS 3000--> CUCM-->TP 8710-->VCSc-->VCSe-----VCSe-->VCSc-->CUCM-->CTS 3000

it will be a SIP call not TIP. I don't know if I can connect three screens with this scenario or do I need other infraestructure device? I mean, a SBC and a SIP trunk from CUCM scenario 1 to CUCM scenario 2?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

7 Replies 7

Nick Ciesinski_
Level 4
Level 4

What you have for the devices and call path will work with 3 screen units. If your CTS units are on 1.7 and earlier you will need to manually define them in the telepresence server to work properly. Anything on version 1.8+ should work without defining the endpoint. Only other thing to watch out for is bandwidth usage if the call is going over the Internet.

Nick Ciesinski

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Nick,

You mean that it's possible to connect 3 screen through that scenario? VCS Expressway acts like CUBE or SBC.

The BW is enough between this two sites, it isn't a problem.

The way of the call will be:

Site A----->

Telepresence Server 8710-->CTS-3000-->UCM A-->VCS Control-->VCS Expressway--->INTERNET--->

Site B----->

VCS Expresswy-->VCS Control--->UCM B---> CTS 3000

Both CTS 3000 are registered in differents Unified Communication Manager.

Would Telepresence Server 8710 has the license for: "Third party interop key" to do that?

Have I add manually in TS 8710 the CTS in Site B?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Yes the VCS-E acts like a CUBE or SBC. Just make sure you have all the search rules defined properly so it can find the other unit.

You do not need the 3rd party interop key that is for non-CTS units. Just the basic TS license will work.

If you want to have the TS dial the site B endpoint you will have to schedule that from TMS or do it manually. You don't need to add it as a endpoint in TS if its code version is 1.8 or above.

Nick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Nick,

OK, I forgot to mention the firmware version of CTS which have to be 1.8 or later.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Why do you say it will be SIP and not TIP? Note that usually if you make a SIP call and all intermediate devices support TIP, TIP will work (you won't get 3 screens otherwise).

TP server also needs to be version 2.2 (or maybe 2.3?) or later to support 3-screens without manually adding the endpoint.  Your scenario should work fine though.

Hi Nick,

I said that refer to the Interworking in VCS ·Expressway, the call it has to be SIP-SIP, if VCSe interworking is working to change SIP-H.323 the call with three screens will not work.

When the call reach to VCSc or VCSe is a SIP call no TIP.

sagsheth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Romero,

Please note that the scenario you mentioned will work only if it is end to end SIP call and any VCS in path is not interworking.

TIP call will have an additional TIP indicator in contact header of x-cisco-tip and x-cisco-multiple-screen which will be maintained througout the call flow.

Regards,

Sagar