Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Syntax from C40 Touch Panel

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Is there any documentation that covers the syntax of numbers that can be called from the Touch Panel? We have a C40 running version 5.1.

Our C40 is configured to use H.323 by default, but from time to time, we will need to call SIP only enabled end points.

Can we call something like:

sip://<IP_address> ?

Sorry for the basic question - but I can't seem to find any documents covering this on CCO.

I was also wondering if we can specify alternate parameters on the call (e.g bitrate).

Thanks.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

you can indeed prepend keyword sip: or h323 to your URI to decide on the calling protocol to use when iniating the call.

See no option to change the default rate though.

You can do this from the history button.

This is EX90 running TC5.1.4 release as example. Your release may be different.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

you can indeed prepend keyword sip: or h323 to your URI to decide on the calling protocol to use when iniating the call.

See no option to change the default rate though.

You can do this from the history button.

This is EX90 running TC5.1.4 release as example. Your release may be different.

Teriffic - thanks for the answer Danny.

Would you know of a document that covers the calling syntax. Reason for the question is that we've just installed an ISDN link alongside the C40. We need to be able to place SIP calls into that unit, but still retain H.323 for other external parties. The call we need to place into the ISDN link has a specific syntax

sip:;h-320somethingorother:

I was also wondering if we can specify the bit rate on this call request as we don't want to drop our default.

P.S. "h-320somethingorother" is obviously not the exact parameter we need to pass, but I haven't got my config guides with me at the moment

Barry Hesk

HI Barry.  What Configuration example do you have here?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/isdn-link/il1/administration_guide/isdn_link_admin_guide_il10.pdf

I have C90 connected to Link Module now, and I'll be it, the call SIP URI Options is a bit cumbersome especially from a user perspective, so one thing to do would be to add the: link;x-h320number= possibly as a Favorite entry on the C40 itself, and set the rate there perhaps?  I know thats still a bit cumbersome as well, but in later releases for IL and TE and TC software, the option to pair it with the codec will be there.  I'd have to check and see if there is a way to set the bit rate for those calls while preserving the default bit rate for all others. 

For inbound calls, the isdn call would come in and place SIP call from module to the registrar and to the address specified in the xcon Gateway SIP Peer URI:. The C40 would pick this up, and answer the incoming call. 

*c xConfiguration Gateway SIP PeerUri:

*c xConfiguration Gateway SIP PeerHost:

These two configurations are important to have when the Link Module is configured here.  Where to send the incoming call, and who to accept the request for outgoing call from.  Don't know if this helps you or not, but the C codec i'm using is registered both H323 and SIP to VCS connected to Link Module for ISDN can still receive calls over IP network. 

Is this what your inquiring about here?  Or am I off base?

VR

Patrick

I do not think that via touch it is possible to specify call rate, but via API when you ssh as administrator into your codec, you can specify call rate as shown in the slide below.

Hi Danny,

From your top screen capture of the touch panel above can you press the ">" button next to where you have typed in sip:dder... On TC6 that seems to bring up a box that allows you to set call rate - I don't have aTC5 system to check on though

Thanks,

Guy

Hello,

that seems to do trick!

Gents

Thanks very much for all of the pointers. I will do some further testing and report back here.

Is TC6 GA?

Patrick - I agree that the URI dialling is cumbersome - you can't expect users to be able to enter information in this format. We will simply need to create favorites for all of the remote locations our users dial. However this will become an issue if a user just wants to be able to dial a specific ISDN number and none of the IT Department are around...

Barry

TC6 hopefully slated for end of October, but we all know how that goes.  I do believe you will need to run IL1.1 for ISDN Link Module for pairing purposes.  Not sure when this will be released, but can try and find out. 

VR

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. Appreciated

Barry Hesk

IL1.1 is going to coincide with TC6 release.  At least thats what we are hoping for. 

VR

Patrick