Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera SX20 - PrecisionHD 2.5x can not deteced

Phuong Pham
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing the issue with my camera. After SX20 power off suddlenly, when SX20 boot again, Camera PresionHD 2.5x still boot but then it not work. White LED flick, can not control camera by remote. I checked webGUI, this is No camera is detected. SSH to SX20 and show command: xstatus camera:

xstatus camera
*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: ""
*s Camera 1 Connected: False
*s Camera 1 DownloadProgress: 0
*s Camera 1 Flip: "Off"
*s Camera 1 HardwareID: ""
*s Camera 1 IpAddress: ""
*s Camera 1 MacAddress: ""
*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: ""
*s Camera 1 Model: ""
*s Camera 1 Position Focus: 4579
*s Camera 1 Position Pan: 451
*s Camera 1 Position Tilt: 40
*s Camera 1 Position Zoom: 0
*s Camera 1 SerialNumber: ""
*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: ""
*s Camera 1 UpgradeStatus: None
** end

About firmware of SX20: TC7.1.4.908e4a9. Any suggestion? 

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So it sounds as if the camera is faulty. You can try to upgrade the SX20, which will also upgrade the camera software, and/or perform a factory reset of the SX20, both sometimes fixes issues with the cameras. If neither option works, than suggest you contact TAC as you might need to get a replacement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you have another SX20 or endpoint that you can connect the camera to, this can help determine if the camera is working or not. If the camera is working, try connecting a different camera to the SX20 to see if the codec is the issue. You can also try replacing the camera control cable to see if it's the issue.

Hi Patrick,

I connected a different camera to SX20 Codec and camera working fine. I connected camera issue to different Codec andthe issue still happended. Unfortunately, i do not have another camera cable to relace and check if it's fail. Can i upgrade firmware SX20 to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

So it sounds as if the camera is faulty. You can try to upgrade the SX20, which will also upgrade the camera software, and/or perform a factory reset of the SX20, both sometimes fixes issues with the cameras. If neither option works, than suggest you contact TAC as you might need to get a replacement.