Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TCS SIP Trunk with CUCM

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I am deploying a Cisco TCS version 6.0 and planning to integrate it with CUCM using SIP trunk. I found a deployment guide http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/6_2/administration/guide/tcs_6_2/cucm.pdf on how to configure the systems. The version of TCS used in the guide is 6.2. Under page 24 on the configuration of TCS for SIP, the registration type is Trunk.

tcs

On my TCS ver 6.0 it's different. There's no option to select Terminal or Trunk for registration. Is the configuration on TCS will be fine and will work for SIP Trunk with CUCM? 

Thanks in advance.

Sy

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sy,

Direct integration of TCS to CUCM is not supported until TCS version 6.2, because in version 6.0 TCS must register its SIP trunk, and CUCM does not support the REGISTER method on a SIP trunk. So, you can either upgrade TCS to 6.2 or maybe if you have a VCS then this can work with VCS.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thank you Manish. We don't have VCS anymore for local registrations. We already migrated to Expressways for MRA and B2B and our only option now is to upgrade the TCS to 6.2 to work with CUCM via SIP trunk.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Simply put, you're using a deployment guide that doesn't match the TCS version you have, which is why you don't have the SIP trunk options. You need to upgrade your TCS to S6.2 to integrate it with CUCM, see the TCS S6.2 Release Notes for more information. 

Also, keep in mind if you have TMS and want to schedule your TCS in conferences, note that it isn't currently supported, see cisco-tms-cant-schedule-sip-recordings-tcs.

Thank you Patrick for your response. 

What file I need to download for Cisco site?

thanks for help

I would go ahead and upgrade to S6.2.1 as that is the most recent S6 release, you want the S6.2.1_VM_Package, be sure to check through the release notes to see what all had been changed or fixed.